Monday, May 20, 2013

Thoughts this morning

Spent a lot of time thinking about the craft of photography last night. I feel like I failed miserably in taking 35 shots yesterday. Yeah, so what? I imagine it's normal to want instant success. Some of these pros still have not perfected their craft after decades and I think I can do things in a week! That's laughable.

Anyhow, a new adventure waits for me this week as my flash and umbrella will show up. Looking forward to playing with them and getting used to what it means to use a flash. That was one area I never quite could get a handle on when I took photos in high school. I never had a decent enough flash I guess.

More on all that tonight.

I got my strobe and umbrella gear in the mail today, and I can't wait to learn all about it.

I go back to the basics. While I'd love to just jump in and go snap Jay Maisal photos, I realize my own tendency to jump into things without learning how to do something. I heard it said recently, "learn the craft first, then shoot."

I saw some awesome architectural photos yesterday. I wrote a question in an architectural photography forum and got three responses from some very good photographers. One of the men was Brad Hadley. You can see some of his work here. Really good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment