As I considered this blog and the implications of what I'm doing, I found myself needing to backup a bit. My goals for this blog and this business are necessarily different but they are related. One is to earn money and the other is to inform. Part of my informing others is so that I can "regurgitate" what I myself am learning. The best way I know to do that is via a simple blog like this. It will help me with clarity because readers will say, "what are you talking about" if they don't understand, and it will help me to refine my ideas and frustrations.
I'm excited and all nervous all in one. I'm excited because finally I'm going to be doing something I really like to do, completely apart from government contracting.
Likewise I'm nervous about it because, well, what I fail? Well, so what if I do fail? Is it the end of the world? Will I be able to find something else if I need? Of course I will. The failure thing is in the back of my mind, seems like it's just hanging around waiting to say "see, I told you so." I think it's a product of my childhood. Who knows? But I say that to say this: realizing I have that in the back of my head, I need to be on guard against it and the negative influence it can have on my and on my business.
So before I can go out and snap great pictures of homes in this area, I need to do the simple things well. I need to focus on basics and nail them down much like I nailed down driving many many years ago. I don't even have to think to drive on the highway. It's second nature. Setting up the camera, angles, flashes, white balance, composition. It all needs to be second nature.
No comments:
Post a Comment